wisdom teeth removal in Iran
wisdom teeth removal in iran step by step
Get informed guidance every step of the way – each step of the process, from initial inquiry to postsurgical care, is mapped out in detail so you know what to expect.
Cost of Wisdom Teeth Extraction in Iran
In Iran, wisdom teeth removal is a well-established dental procedure. The cost of the procedure can vary depending on several factors, including the complexity of the case and the specific clinic or hospital chosen. On average, the cost of wisdom teeth removal in Iran ranges from $200 to $500 per tooth.
Iran’s dentistry sector has established itself as a prominent hub in the region. It attracts medical tourists drawn to the expertise of its dentists and the accessibility of its treatments. Renowned for their experience and skill, dentistry in Iran delivers high-quality dental care at significantly lower costs than many other destinations, making Iran an increasingly popular choice for those seeking affordable yet advanced dental solutions.
wisdom teeth removal Surgeons in Iran
When it comes to finding the most qualified surgeon for wisdom teeth removal in Iran, there are several reputable professionals to consider. Wisdom teeth removal is a common dental procedure in Iran among some renowned oral and maxillofacial surgeons.
International care, local comfort
Accommodation is one of the services that Iran health agency provides for its clients. we are here to book hotel, hostel or recovery house according to your budget, hospital and clinic location.
to meet your comfort needs Booking of the accommodation is done in advance. After airport pick-up you will directly be transferred to hotel so it helps a lot to save your time.
What is wisdom teeth removal?
Wisdom teeth removal, also known as third molar extraction, is a common dental procedure performed in Iran. This document aims to provide information on the procedure, its cost, and the best surgeons in the country.
Wisdom teeth are the last set of molars to emerge, usually during the teenage years or early twenties. In many cases, these teeth can cause problems due to their size and position. They may become impacted, meaning they cannot reach the gum line, or they may grow at an angle, pushing adjacent teeth.
Wisdom teeth are often removed to prevent oral health complications such as infections, overcrowding, and damage to adjacent teeth. It is typically performed by an oral and maxillofacial surgeon who specializes in surgical procedures involving the mouth, jaw, and face.
What are wisdom teeth?
- The third set of molars erupts between 17 and 25. Located at the very back of the mouth.
- Because of a lack of space, they often become impacted or are only partially able to emerge.
- Can damage nearby teeth and cause infections if they erupt incorrectly.
Why remove wisdom teeth?
- Extraction prevents more severe dental problems and infections in the future.
- Impacted or misaligned wisdom teeth may cause crowding, tooth decay, gum disease, jaw stiffness, cysts, and other issues.
- Even partially impacted wisdom teeth that have broken through the gums poorly can eventually cause problems.
- Wisdom teeth removal is a very common procedure to maintain optimal dental health.
The wisdom teeth removal procedure:
- Performed by an oral surgeon under local or general anesthesia depending on the case.
- Teeth are extracted whole or in sections, sometimes requiring bone removal. Stitches close the extraction site.
- Surgery may involve just one wisdom tooth or all four at once. Healing time is the same.
Recovery after wisdom teeth removal:
- Swelling, bruising, and pain can be managed with ice packs, pain medication, soft foods, and proper oral hygiene.
- Recovery takes about 5-7 days of rest before returning to normal activities. Stitches dissolve in 7-10 days.
- Oral hygiene is essential during recovery to prevent infection and promote healing. Saltwater rinses keep the area clean.
- Follow any special instructions from your oral surgeon, like avoiding straws or smoking during recovery.
Potential risks and complications:
- Dry socket – delayed healing with nerve exposure is painful but treatable.
- Nerve damage – can cause numbness but usually resolves over time.
- Infection – prevented with proper cleaning and antibiotics.
- Tooth or jaw damage – uncommon due to skilled surgeons.
Frequently Asked Questions About wisdom teeth removal
Most wisdom teeth extractions occur between 17-25. This is the age range when wisdom teeth are most likely to become problematic. Impacted wisdom teeth should be removed sooner rather than later to avoid more complications.
Wisdom teeth removal is done as an outpatient surgery, either in the dentist’s office or oral surgeon’s office. You will have a local anesthetic to numb the area. In some cases, IV sedation may also be used for anxiety. The wisdom teeth are then extracted, and the site is closed with stitches.
Recovery usually takes 3-5 days of rest at home. Swelling and discomfort generally peak on days 2-3. You’ll need to stick to soft foods and avoid strenuous activity while you heal. Full healing takes 1-2 weeks.
Rhinoplasty in tehran costs anywhere between $1,200 and $2,500, but the cost is largely determined by the reputation and skills of the surgeon and the complexity of the procedure. Iran offers high-quality services and modern facilities at its specialized clinics
No, wisdom teeth do not need to be replaced. They are extracted because they commonly cause problems. The other 28 permanent teeth you have are sufficient.
Expect to take 3-5 days off work or school for an uncomplicated wisdom tooth removal. You may need more time if your job involves physical labor or you have a more difficult extraction.
Many dental insurance plans provide at least partial coverage for wisdom tooth extractions, especially when deemed medically necessary. Check with your insurance provider to find out what percentage they cover.