Lasik eye surgery in iran
Lasik eye in Iran Step by step
Get informed guidance every step of the way – each step of the process, from initial inquiry to postsurgical care, is mapped out in detail so you know what to expect.
Cost of LASIK in Iran
The cost of LASIK in Iran is relatively affordable compared to other countries. On average, the cost of LASIK surgery in Iran ranges from $800 to $1,500 per eye, depending on various factors such as the clinic, surgeon’s expertise, and technology used. It is important to note that these prices are approximate and may vary.
Lasik eye Doctors in Iran
Iran boasts a pool of highly skilled and experienced eye surgeons who specialize in LASIK surgery.
International care, local comfort
Accommodation is one of the services that Iran health agency provides for its clients. we are here to book hotel, hostel or recovery house according to your budget, hospital and clinic location.
to meet your comfort needs Booking of the accommodation is done in advance. After airport pick-up you will directly be transferred to hotel so it helps a lot to save your time.
What is LASIK?
Eye surgery has revolutionized the way we correct vision impairments, and LASIK (Laser-Assisted In Situ Keratomileusis) is a popular procedure that has gained significant momentum in recent years. This document aims to provide comprehensive information about LASIK in Iran, including the cost, the best eye surgeons, the LASIK process, types of LASIK eye surgery, and frequently asked questions (FAQs).
LASIK Process in Iran:
The LASIK process in Iran follows a standardized procedure that involves several steps. Firstly, a thorough eye examination is conducted to assess the patient’s eligibility for LASIK surgery. Once deemed suitable, the surgeon creates a thin corneal flap using a femtosecond laser or a microkeratome. The surgeon then uses an excimer laser to reshape the cornea, correcting the refractive error. Finally, the corneal flap is repositioned, and the healing process begins.
How does LASIK work?
- A partial thickness flap is created in the cornea using a femtosecond laser or specialized surgical blade. This flap is lifted up.
- An excimer laser then removes tiny amounts of corneal tissue in a controlled pattern based on the patient’s specific vision correction needs.
- The cornea is reshaped and the flap replaced without sutures. The cornea then heals naturally.
- Light is now able to focus properly on the retina for improved vision.
Evaluating LASIK Candidacy
- Thorough pre-op eye exam to check for healthy corneas, and measure refractive error, corneal thickness, pupil size, eye focusing, and overall ocular health.
- Must have stable vision for 1-2 years before LASIK. Confirm the prescription has not changed.
- No collagen from vascular, autoimmune, or immunodeficiency diseases that impair healing.
- No signs of corneal abnormalities or dry eyes.
- Discuss expectations and risks. Ideal candidates have moderate/high refractive error.
The LASIK procedure
- Arrive with a clean face without makeup. Given numbing eyedrops. Reclined in the chair.
- Anesthetic eyedrops numb the eye and prevent blinking.
- An eyelid speculum was inserted to keep eyes open during the procedure.
- A corneal flap is created using a femtosecond laser or specialized microkeratome blade. This flap is folded back.
- Excimer laser applies millions of pulses to precisely reshape the inner cornea and correct refractive error based
- The flap is easily repositioned back into place without sutures. Protective shields are is placed over the eye.
- The procedure takes 10-20 minutes per eye. Performed by an Ophthalmologist.
Post-LASIK Recovery Timeline
- Mild burning sensation, tearing, and blurred vision for a few hours after the procedure. Given medicated eyedrops.
- Eyes may feel scratchy or have mild pain for the first 1-2 days. Cool compresses can provide relief.
- Vision improves rapidly but may fluctuate. After 1 week, you can usually resume computer use, reading, and driving.
- Dry eyes and mild irritation may persist for 2-4 weeks post-op. Use ocular lubricating drops as needed.
- By 1 month, vision was stable. Can return to wearing eye makeup and resume all activities like swimming.
- Vision continues improving gradually over 2-3 months. Most patients achieve 20/20 vision or better.
Types of LASIK Eye Surgery:
LASIK eye surgery offers various types tailored to suit individual needs. Some of the commonly performed types of LASIK surgery in Iran include:
- Traditional LASIK: This procedure involves using a microkeratome to create the corneal flap.
- Bladeless LASIK: Also known as All-Laser LASIK, this approach employs a femtosecond laser to create the corneal flap, eliminating the need for a blade.
- Wavefront-guided LASIK: With the help of advanced wavefront technology, this type of LASIK corrects both lower and higher-order aberrations, providing highly personalized treatment.
4. Custom LASIK: Similar to wavefront-guided LASIK, custom LASIK utilizes wavefront technology to analyze and treat individual corneas, improving overall visual outcomes.
Frequently Asked Questions About lasik
LASIK surgery is generally considered painless due to the use of anesthetic eye drops. Some patients may experience mild discomfort or a sensation of pressure during the procedure, but this is temporary.
The actual LASIK procedure usually takes around 15 minutes per eye. However, patients should expect to spend a few hours at the clinic for pre-operative preparations and post-operative care.
Most patients experience improved vision within 24-48 hours after LASIK surgery. However, it is essential to note that the entire recovery period may take a few weeks or even months, during which vision gradually stabilizes.
While LASIK is generally considered safe and effective, like any surgical procedure, there are potential risks and complications. These may include dry eyes, glare, halos, infection, overcorrection, undercorrection, and flap complications. It is crucial to consult with a qualified eye surgeon to discuss potential risks and determine the best course of action.