Tip plasty is a type of Rhinoplasty aiming to the correction of nose tip defects. rhinoplasty in Iran is the most common surgery perfectly done by board-certified surgeons at the most affordable price .
What is tip plasty?
Tip-plasty is a cosmetic procedure addressing any defection of nasal tip. Generally, when the other parts of nose don’t annoy you but the tip (bulbous or rounded tips) tip-plasty can be a great solution.
Tip Plasty vs. Rhinoplasty
Generally, tip plasty in Iran is a type of Rhinoplasty which is involved in nasal tip correction.
There are some obvious differences that we will go through in following paragraphs.
Candidates of tip plasty and Rhinoplasty
Tip plasty: in following lines will mention that which nasal tip characteristics can be done by tip plasty:
- too short tip that needs to be more defined
- a rounded or bulbous tip that is not in harmony with other facial component
- droopy nasal tip
- the too upward tip in which nostrils are too visible “so-called piggy nose”
- too pointy nasal tip
Rhinoplasty: Rhinoplasty is a cosmetic procedure affecting the whole nose structure including defected nasal bridge, abnormal nostrils, problematic tip and even functional problems.
Photos of tip plasty before and after
The procedure of tip plasty vs. Rhinoplasty
- Tip plasty procedure: there are two general type for tip plasty that can be employed according to surgeon diagnose.two Cartilage surgery and Alar reduction.
- Cartilage tie: is for candidates who already have a pointed nasal tip but want to get it sharper and protrude.
The plastic or ENT surgeon after analyzing the structure of tip will tie the alar cartilage.
He will try either trim a portion or totally remove the cartilage.
- Cartilage implant tip plasty is the procedure for candidates who have flat nose due to extra fats, in these case surgeon fist remove all fat first then replace them with the implant.
- Cartilage reposition tip plasty as the name implies deals with the changing the of the septum cartilage and placing it in the new desired area.
This method is normally used for those suffering from upturned and short nose.
On the other hand, this type can be helpful for revision rhinoplasty or injured nose in which nasal bridge is sunken.
This method is the most complicated under the cartilage surgery since it manipulates the cartilage, skin, and septum. Depending on the condition of the nose, an implant may also be required.
B: Alar reduction
- Removal method involves the cut of the extra skin in the alar. for hiding the stitch, the incision will be done in the lower part.
Good to mention that this type is suggested to those having wide nostrils with excess skin in the alar .it can be also useful for thick skin nasals.
This method is done by making the incision inside the nostrils to reduce the size of them. Actually this method ties the skin between two nostrils.
The positive point about this method is invisible stitches inside the nose and also recommended for candidates seeking more natural look.
- Rhinoplasty procedure: as it was mentioned before Rhinoplasty is an operation manipulating the whole structure of nose .there are two common types for Rhinoplasty :
- Closed Rhinoplasty:
In closed nasal surgery, surgeon makes all the necessary incisions from inside the nose, and after that, the very limited skin is separated from its cartilaginous-bony structure and hold high with a special tool so to give the surgeon a better access. However, the doctor’s binocular vision will be limited in the closed method.
If the cartilage in the nose needs to be corrected, it will be removed from the skin through the incisions made inside the nose, after releasing it.
- Open Rhinoplasty :
In open Rhinoplasty , an incision that was made in the inner edge of the nostril.
By an external incision in the narrow skin area between the nostrils (clomula)
Will be connected to each other.
In this case, surgeon separates the nasal skin from the underlying structure and lift it easily. In this method, the doctor will simply master all the anatomy and defects of the nose, and also it will be possible to have better access to the tip of nose.
At the same time, correction of asymmetry, placement and fixation of cartilage bonds in this method is better done. Also, secondary (reconstructive) rhinoplasty is possible only with open Rhinoplasty.
Time of tip plasty and Rhinoplasty procedures
Since tip plasty involves nasal tip manipulation it definitely takes shorter time in comparison to Rhinoplasty.
Tip plasty normally takes only 40 minutes while rhinoplasty’s time differs from 1.5 to 2 hours.
Cost of tip plasty and Rhinoplasty
Due to the fact that tip plasty is part of the main procedure of rhinoplasty, it is cheaper than the original procedure; However, in general, the exact price of this operation cannot be stated before examining the patient’s condition, and the person should refer to a specialist doctor to be informed about the cost of tip plasty.
And also since this procedure can be performed under local anesthesia and even in the office, it does not cost much, as the cost of the operating room is eliminated.
On the other hand, destination, reputation of surgeon, case severity can define the total price of tip plasty.
Tip plasty in Iran is something between 900-1500$.
Recovery from tip plasty and Rhinoplasty
Both tip plasty and rhinoplasty are typically just an outpatient procedure and you can go back home on the same day.
Tip plasty is one of the rhinoplasty procedures that has a much shorter recovery period, and unlike other rhinoplasty procedures, your treatment and care period will end soon and you can return to daily life. This is very important for some people, such as athletes, actors, pilots, and so on.
3-4 days after tip plasty you can start daily activities like going to school or work but rhinoplasty recovery period is like 8-9 days.
Positive points of tip plasty
- Shorter recovery period
- less price
- no risks of anesthesia
- permanent result
- invisible incision
Is tip plasty safe?
Normally rhinoplasty is one the safest cosmetic operations provided that getting done by experienced specialist.
All above tip plasty is a procedure done under local anesthesia and only deals with nasal tip therefore it will be much safer than general Rhinoplasty.
Pre-op precreation before tip plasty
- Before tip plasty inform your surgeon if you are on any sort of medication.
- Avoid aspirin and blood thinners for 2 days before surgery.
- Avoid vitamin E for 2 days before surgery
- Avoid smoking at least for 10 days before surgery.
- If you have a serious disease let your surgeon know. although you will take some blood test before surgery.
- Inform your doctor if you are allergic to any kind of medication.
Post-op cares after tip plasty
- The first two nights after tip plasty , put two pillows under your head while you sleep.
- Put the cold compress next to the nose for two days (at least 15 minutes every hour)
- Take a bath three days after the operation.
- After completely soaking the nose under the shower, remove the nasal tape slowly and upwards.
- Change your nose tape only three times a week.
- Use nasal spray 7 to 8 times a day, with two puffs in each hole.
- Use tetracycline ointment twice a day at the sutures.
- Apply the restorative ointment twice a day for a month ointment at the external suture site after suture removal and discontinuing tetracycline
- Sutures can be removed one week after surgery.
- Exercise is possible five weeks after the operation.
- Five weeks after the operation, it is possible to use glasses, and if you need medical glasses, the glasses must be stuck to the forehead and not come into contact with the nose in any way.
- Do not use ear cleaner to clear your nose.
- Remove the cotton inside the nose and the gas under the nose two hours after the tip plasty operation.
- Watery discharge is normal for 2 to 3 days.
Is tip plasty permanent procedure?
Tip plasty is a type of rhinoplasty and unlike other non-surgical methods such as nose lift with floss or plasma, which are non-professional and non-surgical procedures, tip plasty is a subset of rhinoplasty. As it names applies this nasal surgery is related to the tip of the nose, and it is the type of rhinoplasty that focuses on making a change on the tip of the nose.
Therefore, tip plasty, like rhinoplasty is a surgery with permanent outcome.
What is the right age for tip plasty?
Tip plasty and rhinoplasty have the same conditions in terms of age.for both at least 17 years old is required.
How long swelling will be lasting after tip plasty?
as it was mentioned above, tip plasty have the shorter recovery duration in comparison to general nose job.
Averagely 6 months is required for swelling to be gone and final result appears while for rhinoplasty 1 year is required for total outcome.
How long after tip plasty I should use nasal tape?
Two months is required; it helps with sooner healing.
Is nasal deviation or fracture removed by tip plasty?
Indeed, Tip plasty means rhinoplasty only on the tip of the nose.
This method is used in people who do not need special work on the bridge of the nose and in fact, it is for those that the tip of the nose is badly shaped, round and drooping.
Therefore, tip plasty can’t be employed for these kinds of deformities therefore they must go through general rhinoplasty.
Is there any limitation on food and diet after tip plasty?
There are no dietary restrictions after tip plasty except to reduce salt intake.
What is the difference between plastic and rhino plastic?
In the tip plasty operation, the nasal hump can be removed up to 5 mm and the tip of the nose can be removed more and be higher.
But in rhinoplasty all kinds of deformities and abnormalities even breathing problems can be corrected.
What tests should be done before tip plasty?
Blood tests include: coagulation test, viral and blood cell status
Can previously operate noses be re-operated using the tip plasty type method?
If the deformities are in tip area the answer is yes otherwise open rhinoplasty can be the only working method
Is splint and tampon used in tip plasty?
It totally depends on surgeon’s preference some surgeons use some surgeons don’t, in addition to tip plasty, some surgeon don’t put a tampon in rhinoplasty operations either.
Is tip plasty covered by health insurance?
Since tip plasty is a type of cosmetic procedure, it cannot be supported by insurance companies.
Are absorbent sutures used in tip plasty surgery or the should be removed after a while?
In the interior are, yes, and it takes about 6 months to absorb. But external area should be removed after 5 days.
Is incision visible?
In tip plasty all incisions are performed in lower nasal part no to be visible.
How is the procedure of tip plasty in Iran?
After face-time consultation through communication channels with your surgeon and your approval management process will be started by a private executive.
There will not be any hidden cost since you will get an official invoice. for more information, please contact us via email or what’s app.