Butt augmentation is a cosmetic procedure that helps to improve the appearance of the buttocks. There are different ways to do this, such as through a Brazilian butt lift or butt injection. In this article, we’ll discuss the differences between these two methods, their advantages and disadvantages, who might be a good candidate for each, and more.
What is BBL?
BBL is a cosmetic procedure that makes your butt look more prominent. They use your fat to add volume and projection to your butt. They suck the fat out of other parts of your body where you have extra fat, like your belly, hips, thighs, or back. Then, they clean and process the fat before sticking it into your butt with a needle.
BBL is performed under general anesthesia or local anesthesia with sedation, depending on the extent of the procedure and the patient’s preference. The surgery usually takes 2 to 4 hours, depending on the amount of fat to be transferred and the desired outcome.
What is Butt Injection?
Butt injection is a way to make your buttocks look bigger and rounder without surgery. It involves injecting a substance into your buttocks using a needle, without needing to make any cuts or use anesthesia. The substance used can be hyaluronic acid, poly-L-lactic acid, or calcium hydroxylapatite. You can get this done at a clinic, which usually takes less than an hour. The time it takes depends on how much of the substance you want and what results you want.
What is the Difference Between BBL and Butt Injection?
BBL and butt injection are different in several aspects, such as:
- Source of material: BBL uses the patient’s fat, while butt injection uses synthetic fillers.
- Procedure: BBL is a surgical procedure that requires liposuction, anesthesia, and incisions, while butt injection is a non-surgical procedure that does not require any of these.
- Recovery: BBL has a more extended and more complex recovery period, as the patient needs to avoid sitting or lying on the buttocks for the first 2 to 4 weeks, wear a compression garment, and follow the post-operative instructions given by the surgeon. Butt injection has a shorter and simpler recovery period, as the patient can resume normal activities the same or the next day with minimal swelling and bruising.
- Results: BBL provides more natural-looking and feeling results, as the fat integrates with the existing tissues and adapts to the body’s changes. Butt injection offers more immediate and noticeable results, as the fillers add volume and shape instantly. However, BBL results are permanent, while butt injection results are temporary, as the body gradually absorbs the fillers and needs to be repeated every 6 to 18 months.
Which One is Better?
There is no definitive answer to which one is better, as both BBL and butt injection have their advantages and disadvantages, and the best option depends on the patient’s goals, expectations, budget, and suitability. Here are some factors to consider when choosing between BBL and butt injection:
- Availability of fat: BBL requires the patient to have enough fat in other areas of the body to be harvested and transferred to the buttocks. If the patient is skinny or has a low body fat percentage, they may not be a good candidate for BBL. Butt injection does not require the patient to have any fat, as the fillers are synthetic and ready to use.
- Desired outcome: BBL can provide a more subtle and natural enhancement of the buttocks, as the fat can be distributed evenly and sculpted to create a smooth and proportional contour. Butt injection can provide a more dramatic and artificial enhancement of the buttocks, as the fillers can begin a more projected and rounded shape. The patient should have a clear idea of what they want to achieve with butt augmentation and consult with their doctor to see which option can meet their expectations.
- Cost: BBL is more expensive than butt injection, as it involves a surgical procedure, anesthesia, hospital fees, and post-operative care. The average price of BBL in the US is about $8,000, while the average cost of butt injection in Iran is nearly $4,000. However, BBL is a one-time investment, while butt injection is a recurring expense, as the fillers need to be repeated every 6 to 18 months to maintain the results.
- Risks: BBL and butt injection both carry some risks and complications, such as bleeding, bruising, swelling, pain, infection, inflammation, scarring, asymmetry, irregularities, or dissatisfaction. However, BBL has a higher risk of fat embolism, which is a rare but potentially fatal complication that occurs when fat enters the bloodstream and blocks blood flow to the lungs or other organs. Butt injection has a higher risk of filler migration, granuloma formation, or allergic reaction, especially if the fillers are not FDA-approved or administered by an unqualified person.
Who is a Good Candidate for BBL or Butt Injection?
A good candidate for BBL or butt injection is someone who:
- Is in good physical and mental health and has no medical conditions that could impair the healing process or increase the risk of complications
- Has realistic and reasonable goals and expectations and understands the limitations and risks of the procedure
- Is unhappy with the appearance of their buttocks and want to improve their shape, size, or projection
- Has enough fat in other areas of the body to be harvested and transferred to the buttocks (for BBL), or is willing to undergo repeated injections to maintain the results (for butt injection)
- Is not pregnant, breastfeeding, or planning to become pregnant shortly? these factors can affect the outcome of the procedure
- Is not a smoker or is willing to quit smoking at least four weeks before and after the procedure, as smoking can impair the healing process and the survival of the fat cells
- Has a stable body weight and is not planning to lose or gain a significant amount of weight in the future, as weight fluctuations can alter the results of the procedure
BBL and butt injection are two types of butt augmentation procedures that can enhance the shape and size of the buttocks. BBL uses the patient’s fat, while butt injection uses synthetic fillers. BBL is a surgical procedure, while butt injection is a non-surgical procedure. BBL provides more natural and permanent results, while butt injection offers more immediate and temporary results. BBL and butt injection both have their pros and cons, and the best option depends on the patient’s goals, expectations, budget, and suitability.
Are you feeling self-conscious about the appearance of your buttocks? Do you want to enhance their shape, size, or projection to feel more confident and comfortable in your skin? Let Iran health Agency help you find the best options to achieve the desired results!