Today, cat eye surgery in Iran is one of the most popular methods of cosmetic eye surgery. Cat eye surgery also known as canthoplasty, is an outpatient but sensitive and complex plastic surgery.
The purpose of this surgery is to pull the eye out and simulate it, like a cat’s eye. If you do not like the shape of your eyes or the shape of your eyes is such that you look tired and dull, canthoplasty may be a good option for you.
The amount of eye strain and eyelid incision is very important in this surgery because if it is not done properly, it can destroy the beauty of your face and have irreparable complications; For this reason, this surgery must be performed by an experienced plastic surgeon.
In this article, we want to talk to you about cat eye surgery or canthoplasty in Iran. After reading this article, you will understand what cat eye surgery is and we will explain its complications and tell you that who is a good candidate for cat eye surgery in Iran.
Cat eye surgery before and after
What is cat eye surgery in Iran?
Cat eye surgery in Iran is one of the cosmetic eye surgeries. In this surgery, drooping eyes and eyelids are removed and the eye is pulled upwards diagonally. The purpose of this surgery is to pull the muscles of the outer and inner corners of the eyes to the sides and make changes in the appearance of the eye. In fact, the goal of this surgery is to make your eyes look like cat eyes. Cat eye surgery improves the feeling of beauty and self-confidence in patients. Because the upper and outer corners of the eye are called canthus, this procedure is also known as canthoplasty, the canthus cosmetic surgery. Cat eye surgery also removes upper eyelid drooping and lower eyelid puffiness. For this reason, in addition to being stretched, the eyes will also look bigger.
The benefits of cat eye surgery in Iran are:
- By pulling the eyes, your face will look more vibrant and younger.
- Cat eye surgery in Iran helps to correct drooping and sagging upper and lower eyelids. Drooping eyelids, in addition to their effect on beauty, can sometimes reduce vision.
- One of the most important benefits of this cosmetic surgery is increasing the patient’s self-confidence.
- Another benefit of this surgery is the reduction of wrinkles in the corners of the eyes.
- It Helps remove deposits and excess fat from the skin on the upper eyelid.
- Canthoplasty in Iran also improves symmetry between the two eyes and the fit of the eyes relative to other parts of the face.
- It tightens the upper and lowers eyelid muscles.
Is cat eye surgery in Iran right for me?
In general, cat eye surgery has no limitations. If you are over 18 years old and you are not satisfied with the appearance of your eyes and you want to have stretched and attractive eyes, you can perform cat eye surgery in Iran. The most important thing for cat eye surgery candidates is to have good overall health. Since this procedure is sometimes performed under general anesthesia, you should not be prohibited from doing so. Also, if you have a specific disease, be sure to discuss it with your doctor.
If you are only planning to have a canthoplasty, your eyelids should not be drooping, puffy, or wrinkled. This does not mean that patients with these problems can not have cat eye surgery. It means if you have such a problem, you should also use eye and eyebrow lifts simultaneously to fix them.
We recommend that you have one or more consultation sessions with your surgeon before any procedure. In these sessions, the doctor will make your expectations more realistic and show you some before-after pictures or videos of cat eye surgery. The doctor will also give you all the necessary explanations about the procedure, restrictions, and pre and post-care instructions. The most appropriate method of surgery is also selected and the surgeon will know exactly what you want from eye cat surgery in Iran.
How is cat eye surgery performed?
There are several ways to lift or pull the eyes, also known as cat eye surgery. The doctor will suggest one of these methods to the patient according to the patient’s expectations and needs. So, by participating in preoperative counseling sessions, help your surgeon choose the best way to beautify your eyes.
Cat eye surgery in Iran is usually performed under local anesthesia and takes about 1 to 2 hours. However, in some cases, the surgeon may also use general anesthesia. In the traditional method, a small incision is first made in the annular muscle of the eye. The external canthal tendon, which is located next to the eyeball, is then slightly pulled out from the bone and cut. Next, the internal structure of the lower eyelid must be brought to the tendon incision site. To do this, the structure is pulled slightly upwards to reach the eyeball bone. After connecting these two parts, the extra skin is cut and the incision is sutured.
This will eliminate the tiredness and droopiness of your eyes and increase their attractiveness. Although the results of cat eye surgery in Iran remain for a long time, it may need to be repaired after a few years due to various reasons such as aging or inappropriate diet and lifestyle. Because part of the eyelid skin is removed in the traditional method, there may not be enough tissue to repair the sagging lower eyelid during the repair procedure. For this reason, doctors recommend that those who have not had cat eye surgery or any other type of eyelid surgery perform this surgery by canthopexy method. Also, if there are some structural problems in your eyelid, maybe it is better to use another method for cat eye surgery. Surgeons usually use the traditional method more for reconstructive surgeries. There are different types of canthoplasty, each of which we will explain in the following:
Lateral canthoplasty or pulling the outer corner of the eye
This surgery is usually used to remove drooping upper eyelids and stretch the eyes. However, in some cases, lateral canthoplasty can be used to eliminate drooping lower eyelids. If you look at the photos of Korean models, you can see the results of this operation clearly. Korean models use this method to eliminate drooping upper eyelids and make the eyes bigger. In addition to lifting the eyelids and smoothing the area around the eyes, this method also pulls the outer corners of the eyes up so that your eyes are cat-like.
Epicanthoplasty or pulling the inner corner of the eye
You can also combine this procedure with external canthoplasty to achieve more attractive and stretched eyes. But if you want to pull only the inner corner of your eye, epicanthoplasty is enough for you. Note that both methods require great care and skill. Therefore, if you intend to use a combination of two methods, cat eye surgery in Iran is the best choice; Because Iranian plastic surgeons have a lot of experience in these surgeries.
Some centers may use the name canthopexy instead of canthoplasty, but these two methods are different. In practice, canthopexy no longer gives an incision in the annular muscle. In this method, no part of the tendon is cut. To pull the eyes in cantاopexy by suturing, the annular muscle and the external cantile tendon are brought closer together. This creates a little extra skin on the lower eyelid. This skin will be removed later so that your eyelid does not look loose and drooping. This method can also be used to correct drooping lower eyelids.
What is the preoperative care for cat eye surgery in Iran?
Like any surgery, cat eye surgery in Iran requires a number of important pre-op tips to have a better result. We will explain these below:
- In the first step, you have to choose the plastic surgeon you want. Make sure your surgeon has the necessary qualifications, skills, and licenses to perform cosmetic eye surgery. If your surgery is performed by a proper surgeon, the result of your surgery will be guaranteed and with the least recovery period and completely natural.
- During the consultation session, after taking a photo of your eyes with special software, the surgeon will design the possible outcome of your cat eye surgery in Iran.
- Talk to your doctor about your specific conditions or illnesses.
- If you are taking medication, be sure to discuss it with your doctor.
- The patient needs to stop smoking for about a month. Smoking slows down the recovery process after surgery. Drinking alcohol is also prohibited.
- Patients are also asked to stop taking anticoagulants such as aspirin and ibuprofen at least two weeks before the operation.
- This surgical procedure uses both local anesthesia and general anesthesia. Tell your doctor if you are allergic to any of these.
It should be noted here that your expectations of this surgery should be completely real and reasonable. You should not expect too many changes outside the standard. Be sure to attend counseling sessions before making a definite decision to take action.
How is recovery after cat eye surgery in Iran?
Patients usually recover in a short time after cat eye surgery in Iran, about a week to a month. Although swelling and bruising may get worse the day after surgery, they will go away quickly.
What are cat eye surgery post-op care instructions?
In order to get the best results from cat eye surgery in Iran and shorten the recovery time after the operation, it is better to pay attention to the following points:
- Get enough rest.
- Do not take painkillers or other medications without a doctor’s prescription.
- Take the medication prescribed by your doctor on time.
- When sleeping, raise your head higher than usual to avoid any pressure on your eyes.
- Do not look at the screen of your phone, laptop, or computer or study for a few days.
- Avoid direct sunlight.
- Try not to leave the house as much as possible. Be sure to wear sunglasses if you leave the house.
- Do not wear medical or cosmetic lenses in the eyes for a few weeks after surgery.
- Do not shower for up to 8 hours after cat eye surgery in Iran.
- Avoid going to the pool or showering with high-pressure water until you are fully recovered.